Arisa Pitha is a traditional sweet pancake from Odisha, India. The crispy outer layer surrounds soft insides.
- 500 gm Rice Flour
- 350 gm Jaggery
- 1 cup Poppy Seeds
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 tsp Crushed Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Ghee
- 1 cup water
- Oil for deep frying
- Turn on the stove on medium flame and in a vessel mix water and jaggery ànd bring it to a boil till the jaggery is completely dissolved
- Then add rice flour slowly and stirring continuously without forming any lumps
- Add half cup ghee cardamom powder, crushed black pepper to it and mix it properly
- Now when the flour starts to thicken, and the ghee is soaked up turn off the flame
- Transfer it into other bowl and let it cool down to the temperature of luke warm
- Heat oil in a karahi for deep fry on a medium flame
- Once oil is heated, reduce the flame, grease a banana leaf or a poly bag with a little oil
- Take a golf ball sized dough and press into a disc of 0.5 cm thickness , make all the arisa, sprinkle some poppy seed on arisa and press lightly
- Fry all arisa in the oil till golden colour
- Drain them on a paper towel .
- Eat hot or at room temperature, it can also be stored for a month.