Try this perfect appetizer that will not only appeal to your guests but are also easy to make. This finger food is always a hit at any gathering. Chicken lollypop is a hot and spicy appetizer made with drumsticks or chicken wings. Both need to be frenched to get the shape of a lollipop. This is a fusion Indo-Chinese recipe. It can be tweaked to suit your taste.
- 14-16 pieces Chicken lollipops
- 2 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Black Peppercorns
- 1 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Red Chili Sauce
- 2 tbsp Schezwan Sauce
- 1 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- 4 tbsp Refined Flour (Maida)
- 3 tbsp Corn Flour / Corn Starch
- 1 no Egg
- Salt to Taste
- 1/2 tsp Monosodium Glutamate
- Best drop lite oil for deep-frying
- Spring onion greens Chopped for garnish
- Wash and pat dry chicken lollypops. In a mixing bowl, combine ginger garlic paste, crushed black pepper, soy sauce, vinegar, red chili sauce, schezwan sauce, red chili powder, egg, MSG and salt to taste.
- Mix well and marinate the chicken lollypop in this mixture for about 30 minutes.
- Heat sufficient oil in a Kadai for frying the chicken.
- Now, add refined flour, cornflour, and 2 tbsp hot oil to the marinated chicken and mix well. The chicken lollypop should be nicely coated in the batter.
- When the oil is hot, start frying the lollypops. Hold the bone and dip the top in the hot oil till it holds firm and fry them until golden and cooked. Drain on absorbent paper. Alternatively, half fry the lollypops and store them in advance. You can re-fry them at the time of serving.
- Garnish with chopped spring onion greens and serve hot.